here is the Main Easter Egg Guide and walkthrough for the Ancient Evil zombies map in Call Of Duty Black Ops 4.
The map continues where IX left off, as Scarlett, Diego, Bruno, and Shaw awaken from their mind-trip to an ancient coliseum, where they battled the hordes of the undead and faced a fatal confrontation with the High Priest of Chaos. So lets not hang around and see where the story takes us to next. Before we get started though....
HOLD YOUR PEGASUS'.....before we begin the Easter Egg, we will first need to obtain the SENTINEL ARTEFACT. In order to retrieve this artefact, we will need to crack the map open like an egg, up until the point we reach the AMPHITHEATER.
In the Amphitheater, right in the centre, will be a statue with the Artefact in its hands that you need to obtain. Hold the use button on it and Pegasus will spawn and start to slaughter all zombies in sight.
Don't worry this isn't the intro to a Columbia Tristar movie, this is one lean mean zombie killing machine. If you saw what this Pegasus did at the start of every movie, kids would be having nightmares for years to come.
The room will be locked down briefly while Pegasus deals out its appetite for destruction of the undead, then it will unlock the area letting you start the Easter Egg with flying colours.
Step 1 - Take a Punch or Two
First up, we need to open the Pack A Punch area for this map. In order to do this, we need to find a GOLDEN BRIDLE which can be found on a pedestal at the following locations:
- Intersection of Treasuries
- Stoa of the Athenians
When you pick this Bridle up, you will have angered one of the six armed zombies that are scattered throughout this map. There is nothing fancy required here, simply kill him and when you do, he will drop a part for the SHIELD buildable item, as well as prompting you to go to the SPARTAN MONUMENT.
Now you have safely arrived, we will move onto step 2.
Step 2 - The Pegasus has Landed
Now in the RIVER OF SORROW area, there are 2 paths you need to go, to one side of the PEGASUS landing site there is the area PYTHON PASS (hope we haven't got anyone here afraid of snakes.....its just a name....there are no snakes I swear), and the other side to this area is called CLIFF RUINS.
Lets be methodical about this and start with what we need to do in PYTHON PASS.
- Shoot down a Giant Bird cage that hangs from the ceiling to free
- Use your specialist weapon to blow the door off the cage to release the eagle inside
- Another six armed zombie will appear who needs taken out ASAP
- Then we go to the CLIFF RUINS area to complete its tasks on the other side
- When approaching the cava area a bunch of skeleton zombies will appear and need taken out
- Another cage is in this area and needs the door blown off with your special weapon in order to free the trapped Eagle inside
- Once this eagle is released, head over to the CENTER OF THE WORLD area
Step 3 - What's your objective?
The next few steps involve completing objectives around the map in order to progress the Easter Egg. These objectives include:
- Building Apollo's Will Shield
- Purchasing tributes and challenges from the Oracle inside the Temple of Apollo (At least 6 of these)
- Build all 4 Elemental Gauntlets on this map (To do this you will need to find a DORMANT HAND and place it in one of the 4 SHRINES within the map.
When we complete these challenges, complete them as best you can, but when finished, DO NOT COLLECT THE REWARD that is given to you at the end of each. Why are we not picking it up you may ask, shouldn't you be rewarded for your zombie ass kicking talents? Of course you should, however we are going to stack these small rewards until they turn into a much bigger reward.
If you get in some of the challenges EPIC LEVEL REWARDS you will complete this step much faster than normal.
GIVE THE GUY A HAND
Now, I will cover how to get the APOLLO WILL SHIELD in another post, however in this one, we will take it from finding the location of the DORMANT HANDS, which there are around 18 different locations they can spawn within this map.
They appear with a purple mist around them, to open them, simply melee them open to crack it open and retrieve the hand. The ORACLE will give out hints when you looking for these hands, but MR DALEKJD's video below from timestamp 3:20 to 4:55 shows all the locations, but I will help you out below showing the locations below:
Intersection of Treasuries Area
1. In the Giant Crystal glowing red inside
2. By the Purple Blossoming Flowers flower bed
Stoa of the Athenians
3. At front of the small boat
4. Facing the small boat, on the fountain in the centre beside a pot
5. In front of the pillar beside flaming lantern
6. On the ground in front of fallen statue
7. In front of Zeus in a pile of dirt
8. Behind the fast travel portal
9. Near the arrow, beside leafy green plant
River of Sorrow
10. On the demolished concrete balcony section
11. To the left of the Odin Machine
12 To the left of the Eagle Cage beside the window
13. On the edge of the red hot looking area, rubble
Center of the World
14. In front of the Shrine of Uranus
15. One to the left of the fast travel at the back
16. Near the VENOM TRAP in a red crystal
17. To the left of the TITAL wall buy
18. On the ground near the smouldering blue lantern
When you find one of these hands, pick them up and take it to one of the SHRINES. We will start off the with GAIA QUEST that involves one of these hands.
Make your way with a Dorman Hand to the Gaia Shrine within the Spartan Monument Area. Place the hand on the Shrine, the room will lock and tons of zombies will flood in....almost as angrily as if you had changed the TV channel without asking them.
Simply kill them all and survive the onslaught....when you have finished dicing out some undead justice, pick up the hand again where it will now become the HAND OF GAIA.
- Find the plant, shoot the 3 red crystals on it
- Pickup the small plant that appears after it dissolves
- Plant it in a shrine