Wednesday 27 January 2016

Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 DLC 1 "AWAKENING" - 4 Multiplayer Maps and New Zombies


 
Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 "AWAKENING" DLC


 
4 New multiplayer maps along with the new zombie map called "Der Eisendrache"
 
I had a sneak peek at the video for this a few minutes ago and am really looking forward to the new zombie map as it kinda reminds me a bit of castle Wolfenstein which is one of my many favourite all time first person shooters. The mix of technology and crazy experiments going on in an ancient castle just screams it at me so I cannot wait to get my hands on ...this one.
 
 
 
I do not have Black Ops 3 for the Playstation 4 and I know that the release date for the Playstation 4 DLC is February the 2nd 2016, whereas the Xbox One version is 30 days later on 2nd March 2016.
 
I am disappointed in this as I have a Playstation 4 and Xbox One but only have Black Ops 3 for the Xbox One. I also got from a family member a £15 Xbox Store gift card which will be used to buy the full season pass for a reduced price of £20 which works out nicely. This means that I will not be able to draw the maps for you guys until I actually have the DLC myself, however I may create Easter Egg posts and follow guides on Youtube videos to help create content for it straight off the bat so we are not playing catch up 30 days later with the PS4 players.


 

 
The 4 new multiplayer maps are:
 
1. Gauntlet: This looks like it is set in a military training facility which is split into 3 sections called snowy lane, jungle lane and urban lane.
 
2. Splash: is set in a eerily silent abandoned water park where you use the slides to get around the map as well as taking a little swim now and again for some underwater combat.....as you do. I am not surprised its abandoned as not every day a group of people show up with miniguns, robotic armour and highly advanced weaponry......couldn't they have just brought a rubber duck or something?
 
3. Rise: is a construction facility the developers describe it as a classic Call of Duty map that includes a lot of cover to cover based combat. Looks like a map similar from Modern Warfare 2 I have seen before.
 
4. Skyjack: This looks like my favourite map of them all and it should be yours too if you like Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 as its a remake of the ever so popular HIJACKED map. It was the one with the giant super yacht we all wished we own, and because we couldn't, we decided to blow the crap out of it!
 
Last but not least the all important zombie map is Der Eisendrache which is set on top of a freeze your arse off mountain.....doesn't seem to bother the zombies however as they are running around in clothes you would only see in summer time!


 

I
 notice that in the video for zombies mode that the gravity spikes seem to have been added which is a nice touch. In the video you can see the zombies getting blown away like feathers from this ground pound move that totally kicks their asses into outer space! You will also notice that there is a bow and arrow that is being used and seems to have explosive darts on it, kinda like the ones in Rambo :), could be very cool to use.




The Easter Egg in this level I wonder is it something to do with taking off in the rocket or activating it as part of the story? You can see it launching in the video and is this a timed event that happens at a certain point in the map, or round, or does it intentionally have to be activated in order to help complete the levels Easter Egg? Who knows? Well the developer's know, but theres no way in hell they would tell a nobody like me that's for sure lol

Well I hope you enjoy it you lucky PS4 players but I will have to wait and be patient for Xbox One 30 days later :( enjoy !!

If you haven't seen it, here is the video here:


Thanks for reading as always guys.

Henry



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete