Der Eisendrache Map Layout: Main Spawn Area -- Outside Castle Gate -- Main Gate Courtyard Area -- Trophy Room -- Upper Courtyard -- Living Quarters -- Armory -- Mission Control -- Family Crypt -- Undercroft -- Teleporter Room -- Rocket Platform --
Easter Egg Guide Walkthrough: -- Part 1 -- Part 2 -- Part 3 -- Part 4 --
here is the map layout for Outside the Castle Main Gate in Der Eisendrache Zombies. This area has a nice bit of open space in the middle which you can run around like a headless chicken when being chased by a zombie horde. However the area also has major significance to the Easter Egg for this level as well as including, potentially, one of the items that you need to shoot with an upgraded bow in order to start the Easter Egg off in the first place......so very important....pay attention.
Here is the map layout for the Outside Castle Gate area:
The area has:
- 2 Trap Switches
- Gobblegum Machine
- Possible Location of an electrified object that needs shot with upgraded bow
- Location of where a stone slab obtained from Dr Groths Lab is placed when the ghostly gatekeeper is freed
- Speed Cola Perk
- Access to the courtyard inside the castle
- 1 Upgrade Quest for the Wrath Of The Ancients Bow
- ! Gatekeeper Skull that needs collected when on a specific Bow Upgrade Quest
Lets go over the two important parts your probably wondering what the heck I am talking about.
1. Possible Electrified Item Location - To start off the Easter Egg initially and teleport back in time to Dr Groths lab via the teleporter within the castle, you need to shoot 4 randomly electrified items within the level, and in a certain sequence, in order to activate the teleporter and take you back to the past. This must be done with the UPGRADED BOW AND ARROW first.
To help you along the way, here is 2 important posts that will help you along the way to achieving this:
- How to obtain the WRATH OF THE ANCIENTS BOW AND ARROW
- STEP 1 of the Easter Egg Guide on how to activate the teleporter with the upgraded bow
After reading the above posts it will become clear what the purpose is of these electrified item rounds are and what they do. In the whole game, there will be two rounds that must be completed successfully of these electrified objects needing shot. They are totally random and change each game their order sequence and what they are, as well as if you shoot one that is not yet electrified but can be, you will fail this part of the Easter Egg and have to wait the next round in order to try again.
2. The Ghostly Gatekeeper - This square patch on the wall on this section is used later on near the end of the Easter Egg when you release a ghostly apparition of a gatekeeper from the tomb on this level where you pick up the bow and arrow. He will travel around the map to 4 locations and wants you to place a stone slab you will pickup from Dr Groths office when you go back in time for a second time on the wall.
When you get to these locations and place the slab on the wall, a ring will appear you need to stand in or near them and kill zombies with a particular upgraded bow and arrow. The ring the gatekeeper creates will make your HUD glow a certain colour at the bottom and indicate which type of bow and arrow you need to kill the zombies with so he can collect their souls. E.g. RED means the fire bow and arrow for instance.
To make this much clearer, please see step 7 of my Der Eisendrache Easter Egg Guide Part 3, especially the section entitled "Ring a ring a roses".
3. BOW UPGRADE QUEST
You will notice on the map the GREEN TRIANGLE just before the door that takes you into the courtyard once the main gate is opened. This is an UPGRADE QUEST for one of the Wrath of the Ancients arrows. in order to activate it, you need to have obtained the original Wrath of the Ancients, then go to this location and look up at the ceiling until you see a symbol. Simply shoot the symbol with the original Wrath of the Ancients arrow and it will drop an arrow for a specific type of bow to upgrade.
Thanks for reading as always guys, more maps to follow.