Friday 14 November 2014

Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare - Bullet Proof Room Glitch on Horizon Multiplayer



* UPDATE* This has now been fixed in one of the patches. After posting it on Twitter, I got a reply from Activision Support saying the bug was reported to the development team for fixing. Was quite surprised speed it was fixed at.

Hi guys,

Noticed a cool glitch in COD Advanced Warfare today that intrigued me......at first it annoyed me because I couldn't kill the people once they got inside this room, then when the map came round again in the rotation, named HORIZON, I got into this room before anyone else and dealed out some payback :).

Basically it is a glitch on the multiplayer map HORIZON where part of the glass doors to a elevator in the map are not solid and the player can pass through a small section of them, This then gets them into a very small room which  should be inaccessible to anyone playing the map. I wonder if any of the other doors that are locked in other multiplayer maps have this small glitch in them and allow players to go out of bounds so to speak, and shooting at people through what appears to be, one way bullet glass :). Bullets come out of it but don't go into it from the front.

HERE IS THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE I UPLOADED:




check out the video I made to show you how to access it and how it works by shooting people through it. It does however, as you will notice in the video, make the AI quite confused as to the AI, the player appears invisible to them behind the glass, because basically they are not in the combat arena anymore and are not being picked up by them.

I have noticed various glitches in the game, sometimes it randomly crashes, sometimes you can get stuck in an endless loop if you pass a check point and jump off the edge of the map by accident, the checkpoint then reloads, and you keep falling and falling again and again forever. Surely the developers would have noticed this if they tested it properly? I was about 4 minutes into the first level when this happened jumped and hovering down the destroyed skyscrapers. Twice in fact it happened even when restarted the game again. To me this is a bit sloppy to be honest.

Other times it freezes the game when picking up guns which are required to complete the missions which throws the game back to the Advanced Warfare screen without warning. Why? Must be coding issue or some kind of collision problem either with game physics or world, but to me it has not been properly or thoroughly tested.

At present I am a software tester in my place of work and if I can spot these after a few minutes of gameplay, I am sure everyone else has. Maybe this has been a bit of a rushed title as I read in the developer interviews on IGN that the single player was meant to be even longer than the last COD Ghosts was and I know for a fact its not. Played and completed it on VETERAN mode and done it in about 5 hours.




Really worries me how they can charge so much for games while the one player side of them is going down hill fast and all they concentrate on is multiplayer. Why not try a HALO 2 approach? Amazing one player and amazing multiplayer......it doesn't take just talent when designing a game or the brains to think up ideas to create them, it takes both!

My version of what I feel, but sorry for rambling on guys, make sure any bugs or glitches you find you give me a shout and I will list them here and a link to your videos and websites.

Thanks for reading guys

  

Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment